ZETLAND INTERN POSTING
Opportunity to join the investment team of a fast-growing private equity firm focussingon special situations across Europe for a 6-12 months internship position. Zetland CapitalPartners (“Zetland”) has recently raised its first fund and has significant capital to deployand invest across Europe. The team is small, entrepreneurial and individuals come fromdiversified professional backgrounds. Zetland’s culture is open and collaborative,everyone is encouraged to speak up, allowing for a great amount of exposure and responsibility for the right candidate.
- Working closely with team members on analysing potential private equity, debt, special situations investment opportunities in Europe (real estate or corporate).
- Support the team by performing market research, working on due diligence, financial modelling, documentation and other closing matters and contributing to the preparation of investment papers for committee.
- Support the asset management team with the existing portfolio.
- Support the investors relation team on fundraising matters.
The candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant finance or economics degree from a top academic institution.
- Previous work experience most likely gained through internship experience in a similar role within a private equity firm / M&A department or transaction services team.
- Demonstrated Analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Good attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and use own initiative to solve problems.
- Fluency in English with proficiency in an additional European language an advantage.
What we can offer you:
- A truly unique opportunity to work as part of small team, thus giving our interns the opportunity to experience all aspects of Private Equity, working closely with the investment team, but also having exposure to investors relations, fundraising and asset management.
- Start date to be agreed.
- Full-time internship; some flexibility can be accommodated.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
- Internships are for 6-12 months and candidates will need to give a minimum 6 month commitment, although we may consider a summer internship.
£30,000 per annum pro-rated salary
Information for candidates – Please note:
- We will review applications as they are received therefore early application is advised.
- You should outline your availability in your application.
- You’ll only hear from us if you are successfully selected for an interview.
- If you are invited for a face to face interview these will be held in our London offices
- In your covering letter please ensure that you succinctly answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in Private Equity? How do you believe this internship opportunity will help to support your career goals?
- As an intern at Zetland you’ll have the opportunity to really get involved with our work. So you’ll need to be able to quickly understand a task, determine the best approach and have initiative to work through any challenges. Please explain when you’ve had to use your own initiative in order to solve a complex task?
- At Zetland we pride ourselves on taking a fresh approach and do things differently to the traditional financial services institutions. Can you give us an example of when you have taken a fresh approach to a problem or challenging situation you’ve faced?
Please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org